Job Title: Service Manager
Team: After Sales
Reporting to: General Manager
The Service Manager is responsible for the day to day coordination of the after sales operations within AMIT. He/she will provide effective management of the after sales team ensuring that appropriate supervisory management takes place and that all operations run smoothly and effectively.
The manager is responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures relating to the activity of the operation are developed, maintained and implemented. He/she is expected to be the driving force in continuous improvement of Lean operations, with the clear aim of ensuring total customer satisfaction in line with the Company Business Plan. The clear aim of the AMIT after sales team is to be the very best in the Breathing Air compressor market place. The manager will contribute to the evaluation of feedback from customers and providing suggestions for improvements and information to the senior management team.
He/she will supervise the provision of quotations, order processing, field service, parts and workshop operations, delivery fulfillment and invoicing whilst ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the process. Particular attention should be brought to provision of quality parts, repair and service proposals exceeding the expectations of the customer.
The purpose of the role is to
- Drive continuous improvement, 5’s and lean development within the business unit
- Provide excellent customer support and service with a view to making it easy and a pleasure for the customer to deal with us.
- Proactively deal with customers and advise on suitable AMIT after sales products and services.
- Manage efficiently the workshop, field service, technical support and internal operations teams.
- Accurately recording all customer contact as well as proactively maintaining customer data within the system.
- Management of customers’ orders for field service, workshop and spare parts.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Directly lead the after sales team ensuring the full range of duties are undertaken and completed to the highest standard acting to address any shortfalls in service provision.
- Giving technical guidance and hands on service provision when necessary.
- Efficient and proactive handling of enquires.
- Supervise the internal/external service, parts, technical support and workshop operations from quotation/proposal, through to successful delivery generating customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring quotation and order volumes as well as outstanding quotations and work in progress. Reacting promptly to changes.
- To report on a weekly basis to senior management on the performance and activities of the team via the relevant KPI’s and implement directives accordingly.
- Timely and accurate handling of orders including acknowledgements, contract review and customer support.
- Management of service contracts ensuring on time delivery and completion of any necessary performance data reports.
- Sales turnover in line with annual budget and business plan.
- Increased profitability in line with annual budget and business plan.
- Development of key performance indicators in line with annual budget and business plan, these include but are not limited to, Order turnover/budget ratio, On-time delivery, Customer satisfaction, Quotation volume and hit rate, right first time co-efficient and number of credit notes raised, engineer efficiency (internal/external), workshop productivity and quality
- Contribution towards development of AMIT, in-line with business plan. Achievement of business plan targets and alignment to company core values, in particular customer and employee satisfaction.
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Previous experience of servicing/maintaining high pressure breathing air compressors.
- Operational, product and application knowledge.
- Adapting to Change, Willingness to learn.
- Self-motivation & team working.
- Use of working time & planning incl. attendance and punctuality.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintaining breathing air compressors.
- PC literate, use of Microsoft office
- Fluent in English (written and speaking), spoken Arabic desirable.
Interested candidate please send CV to email@example.com